A visit to Lake Placid is a complete experience. The charming downtown has art galleries to explore, spas to pamper yourself in, and a wide range of restaurants, from fine and fancy to completely casual. Mirror Lake borders the village, and there’s always action there. Fall is the perfect time to visit Lake Placid while the autumn colours are at their peak! Inspiration is in Lake Placid’s nature, and it’s also in their people. This little mountain village hosted the Winter Olympic Games twice, once in 1932 and again in 1980, and the Olympic Museum is packed with relics from those Games. The famous Miracle on Ice hockey game happened right here! — of course we’ll tour the arena and other Olympic sites! We will explore more of Lake Placid’s history, heading out to John Brown Farm State Historic Site, where the famous abolitionist once lived and is now buried.
• Return transportation via highway coach
• 3 night’s accommodation in Lake Placid
• 3 breakfasts
• Area tour with local step on guide
• Olympic sites tour including Olympic Museum
• Boat Cruise on Lake Placid
• Gondola ride to the top of Whiteface Mountain
• Scenic drive on Veteran’s Highway
• Visit to John Brown’s Farm Historic Site
• All hotel taxes and service charges
• Baggage handling
• Tour escort
OPTIONAL CANCELLATION AND MEDICAL INSURANCE. CALL FOR RATES.
Oct. 4 – 7, 2020